Circuitbenders Forum > Banter

circuitbenders.co.uk FACEBOOK page

<< < (3/3)

s-cat:

--- Quote from: Circuitbenders on April 04, 2009, 03:15:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: LoFi-Ninja on April 04, 2009, 11:59:57 AM ---PS. They can do what they want to with all photos you upload there.. You just lost your rights...

--- End quote ---

People always say thiat but i can't help thinking, so what? What would they concievably do with photos of circuitbent stuff that would bother me in any respect? Its not like facbook are going to send some goons round to kick the door in and demand i take all those photos down from the circuitbenders site because they own them!

--- End quote ---

The copyright laws are hard to beat and they could fine you if you have the same images on your site, be sensible about this and get the fuck out of there!

Circuitbenders:
but still the question remains, even if they did actually have full copyright to those images, which they don't, why would they bother about enforcing it?

Imagine how many millions of companies and individual's have pages on Facebook, is it really likely they are going to be enforcing these legendary copyright rules for everyone? Is it likely even for a tiny percentage? I don't think so somehow.

For a start, they changed the rules on image rights and so many people complained and left that they had to change them back. Whats going to happen if they started trying to enforce complete copyright over images on their site on even a tiny percentage of users?

Does myspace ever enforce their legendary ownership rights over every tune thats uploaded? No they don't because they aren't idiots.

This is called scaremongering isn't it?  ::)

s-cat:

--- Quote from: Circuitbenders on April 24, 2009, 02:38:17 PM ---

Does myspace ever enforce their legendary ownership rights over every tune thats uploaded? No they don't because they aren't idiots.

This is called scaremongering isn't it?  ::)

--- End quote ---

It could be something that they are working on and if there is money to be made then they will do what they can.

Circuitbenders:
and then how many people would upload their tunes to myspace in any kind of listenable form ever again? Not many, and then myspace would go under. I don't think they really want to take on DefJam for copyright of the Rihanna tunes on myspace, or madonna, or whoever owns the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.

As i say, Myspace and Facebook aren't idiots. They need people to use the site to make money so these are rules they are never going to enforce, even if they actually exist in any valid form in the first place which is dubious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version