Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Protecting your designs and copyright  (Read 48527 times)

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: Protecting your designs and copyright
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »

I would say MAM's/FAT are direct copies, rather than someone putting a mod in an existing machine as scat states, it would take alot of financial input to get the project up and running with no guarantee of it working out, the MAM's were made in the 90's when it was probably more worth while to fund a project like that.  I just dont think copyright really stands up these days, who has money to take people to court, unless you are Roland or one of the biggie's?  and beside's that who wants the hassle...............

People rip each others idea's off all the time, but also collaborate and that is how new things are found, and i have certainly seen you help alot of people Gordon on this and other forums your knowledge goes far and wide and the help you give to people is second to none.  That is my idea of circuit bending/mod's to collaborate and help i just havn't seen scat help anyone apart from himself financially, all this copyright stuff just drag's it to a corporate level and certainly isn't why i'm into music or why i come on this forum.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:08:36 PM by electoyd »

arron

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

so S-cat are you gonna start knocking out Roland/Casio's with your design built into them

And yet that's exactly what the MAM MB33/Freebass et al are.  Funny that.

I used Roland as an example of what could be done, not as something that I was going to do. You may have taken the replies to the statement about copyright into consideration, rather than read the statement that I made. I included the information for the benefit of other users and did not in any way try to provoke an argument.

Perhaps if I explained it this way then people would understand what my aim was and value the advice that was given....

We use the 6 tone siren to bend and then re-market it as a dub siren, we could then approach them and ask to licence the original design, which we would then re-house and add our modifications. Does this now make more sense?

Arron from S-CAT

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »

I understood perfectly well what you were saying, i was only replying to your reply.  Your angle on trying to get everyone to copyright things and keep information secret SUCKS.    Go and copyright your bike horn see where it gets you, i was doin that shit with the bike horn 6 years ago when i started circuit bending, it's so lame now.

if you wanna start some corporate circuit bending empire, great but you might find your lonely here (again).  I have read many of your posts and i have to say they were an eyeopener!  and not in a good way...................seems to me like you have provoked many arguments.

ian

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »

Perhaps if I explained it this way then people would understand what my aim was and value the advice that was given....

I'm still not totally clear what you're trying to advise people to do...
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »

he's advising people to make genius equipment like this and copyright it, wow amazing mods and keyboard skills.  I cant wait to see these in the shops ;D!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PHONICPOTION#p/u/7/x3d3IHzhkMw
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:27:07 AM by electoyd »

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »

Well, I'm in the UK.  So, my designs, audio clips, samples and everything else are inherently protected by copyright.  This is why I have the exclusive right to say "take this stuff and do what the hell you want with it, as long as you leave my name in somewhere".  Trying to make a living off it seems like a silly and pointless idea.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

epicentre

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »

like that copying video, yeah gordon i think your right to want to keep your name on things and if someone can use what you've done and further whats there then maybe more can be learned from both sides.  Some people are only motivated by money.  Not that i'm against people selling something they have made but it is nice to keep the info and help flowing.

epicentre

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

There's nothing wrong with making money, quite the opposite, but the way to deal with competition is offering a better service and better, cheaper products, not using dirty tricks.

arron

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »

I understood perfectly well what you were saying, i was only replying to your reply.  Your angle on trying to get everyone to copyright things and keep information secret SUCKS.    Go and copyright your bike horn see where it gets you, i was doin that shit with the bike horn 6 years ago when i started circuit bending, it's so lame now.

if you wanna start some corporate circuit bending empire, great but you might find your lonely here (again).  I have read many of your posts and i have to say they were an eyeopener!  and not in a good way...................seems to me like you have provoked many arguments.

ian

It may be lame but it pays the bills, Provocation or discussion? What do you build now and are they selling well? You still do not understand what is being said about copyright. I spend most of my time here trying to explain a simple thing, but again another person gets it wrong, gets on their high horse and makes it into somrthing that it is not. Wake up people.

arron

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 09:01:45 AM »

I'm still not totally clear what you're trying to advise people to do...

What I am advising is this...

If you can come up with an additional circuit for a commercial product and then contact the original designer then you can apply for joint copyright ownership on the new product. This could then be sold and the two designers could reap the benefits.

If you take time to read the initial post and look at the artical tghat I have quoted then it is ther in full details.

arron

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »

he's advising people to make genius equipment like this and copyright it, wow amazing mods and keyboard skills.  I cant wait to see these in the shops ;D!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PHONICPOTION#p/u/7/x3d3IHzhkMw

Here we go again, another smart arse who takes things out of context. Take a look at this... Circuit bending paid for it all... ROLAND JAM (The Transition)

arron

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »

There's nothing wrong with making money, quite the opposite, but the way to deal with competition is offering a better service and better, cheaper products, not using dirty tricks.

I am not using dirty tricks, I do not copy any circuits and list on ebay with a demo video for all to see and judge before parting with their money.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 11:44:36 AM »

Right, i'm locking this topic as it'll just turn into squabbling again otherwise.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]