Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Capacitors  (Read 9991 times)

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Capacitors
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »

Hi - I managed to get a Casio MT-240 the other day which I intend to bend at some future point.  I have bent the MT-140 before so know roughly what to do.  However I am aware that it is possible to add some capacitors between some of the bends on this thing but not sure really where to start.  I imagine 1 uf/0.1uf would be a good place to start, but what I would really like is a capacitor substitution box.  I have seen them available in the USA but not over here, and I don't particularly want to make one though it looks like I might have too :(

any suggrestions which ranges of values to cover when I make the damn thing.  I am imgaining around 10nF to 10 uF but this is just a guess :-\

catweazle

• 8Bit are enough
Re: Capacitors
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 07:10:26 PM »

I also bent a Casio CT380 (which uis nearly the same thing i think) i used a Cap-Switchbox too.
It uses values from 0.4nF to 4uF, but the most effective values are  1nF, 10nF,100nF, 1uF and 4uF
(10uF causes often crashes - need to be resetted)
(the values between do not big changes)
some bends are sensitive for little cap-values (nF)  and others for big ones (uF)

iqoruvuc

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

Hi - thanks, that's really helpful - Just the kind of information I need to know.  Looks like I will be making a switch box this weekend, though not sure why you can't buy them :-\

catweazle

• 8Bit are enough
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:26:45 PM »

Its cheaper to build your own ... i saw prices about 200€ (german distributor "ELV", i'm from germany so i don't know the UK distributors)