Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Song in Progress  (Read 7521 times)

goldenbaby

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Song in Progress
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »

OK, so this is not heavily involved with circuit bending, but I figured this community might appreciate this kind of thing.

Me and a friend spent all day jamming, being creative, and recording the first of what will hopefully turn into a set of songs.   It is not completely, but the foundation of the song has been laid, and some touches have already been added.  Worthy to note, is that the following devices (which quite ironically, are in queue for the operating room) were used to create this goodness thus far:

Casio MT-240, "Digital Percussion" drum machine, sound board running mono into non-Pro mac and a condensor mic.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/53736-photovoltaic.mp3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:47:21 AM by goldenbaby »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Song in Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »

erm....... was there meant to be a link or something in there?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

goldenbaby

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:47:58 AM »

It's there...you just gotta look harder.  Or perhaps your computer is FUBARred, no? ;c)

Gleix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:15 AM »

This sounds like if Hot Chip, Architecture in Helsinki and LCD Soundsystem did a track together.  Exactly like that.  Good stuff. 

You should add some more variation and more lyrics though - it gets a bit repetitive.  I'd like to hear more verses in a higher key.

goldenbaby

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »

The vocal parts you hear are the choruses, the part with little audio slips looped are the verses (is that what you meant when you said "higher key versse")...the verses will be getting some lyrics, hopefully this Sunday.  I'm thinking of adding some more background stuff to some of the choruses, and the breakdown needs more stuff as well.  Also, the mix is pretty basic, etc, etc...

Glad you enjoyed it, and that we at least only sound EXACTLY like a cross between 3 bands, not just like one of those.

;c)