Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: help with ltc1799 and casio sk-1  (Read 7286 times)

zephler

help with ltc1799 and casio sk-1
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:30:20 AM »

I need to find out exactly where the timing crystal is and where to solder the ltc1799 to?  YEs I have seen that schematic for the home built oscillator, but can someone please just point me to an actual schematic of how to hook up the ltc1799 on the casio sk-1?!  I have used the search engine, but nothing - what does the crystal look like on the sk-1?  please help!  you can email me  a schematic if you are that kind to (EMAIL REMOVED)  - like I said, yes I have seen that schematic on the casio twins page, but it isn't very useful since it does not show where the crystal is, or how to use the ltc1799 on the board!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:59:45 AM by Circuitbenders »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: help with ltc1799 and casio sk-1
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:00:24 AM »

Don't post your email on public forums unles you want to be buried under spam
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

zephler

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:11:40 AM »

So I have this schematic, which is somewhat confusing, can someone tell me what that black knob thing is?  And the schematic does not indicate any cut traces on the board.  Also, the red coil thing, is that the old crystal? Ugggg!!!  [/img]

Sam_Zen

• Studio Denkraam
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »

Relax, I was working on it. A good question, because I'm forced to explain how to do it practically.
I didn't know the LTC1799, so I checked, and this one could run the SK1 as well in the same way.

I'm not sure if the processor of the SK1 use a crystal, it (L10-495) looks like a coil to me :
http://www.xs4all.nl/~samzen/synth/sk1_clkin.png

Anyway, as you can see in the top left corner, it's not necessary to remove it.
You only have to remove C15, and cut some lines.

To illustrate this, I made a closeup of the pcb situation :
http://www.xs4all.nl/~samzen/synth/sk1_pcb_clkin.jpg

In the green rectangle is C15, to be removed, which gives the red spot available as a soldering point
for the clock output from e.g. your 1799.
The blue things are the cuts to be made of the copper lines.
And the yellow spots are the nearest point to derive the power for the IC, zero and 5 volts.

zephler

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:28:33 PM »

thanks for your effort!  I think there is a typo on that schematic - C15 is nowhere near that point - it's C25 that is there!  Something sounds like it's worlking with this modification, but I think that I am missing the part about hooking up the original clock for proper operation?  Can anyone please post an actual photo of a Casio SK-1 board that has been bent with the ltc1799 that works?  I know that you are trying to help, but I think you just simply modified what is out there for another type of clock replacement (the one from casio sk-1 twins).  For instance, the photo that get lo fi supplied, which I posted, is different than what you proposed.....can someone please settle this and just post a picture or schematic or cartoon, that is clear and accurate about how to hookup the ltc1799 to a casio sk-1???  THanks!!!

zephler

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:06 AM »

heya - I'm gonna give it another shot - I think I may have made a mistake, but thanks alot for your effort and your help man!  I think the only problem like I said is the mislabeled capacitor.  The diagram that I provided is confusing - it is not clear both in actual picture quality and in explanation - I am going with your advice.  I am wondering, do you know if when switching out the clock, if you have to keep the original one for boot up?  Thanks! 

Sam_Zen

• Studio Denkraam
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »

Well, it's must be a typo then both in the copy of the board and of the schematics around the processor, showing C15..