Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: hi im new / TR707  (Read 6183 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
hi im new / TR707
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »

hi great site let me introduce myself , im ciaran and i make techno music www.myspace.com/neighoursfromhell i am relatively new to circuit bending but i have done several repairs on juno 106 juno 60 poly 61 , im sure you can guess the problems if you own any of these synths , i have also did the cutoff res mod on the p61 and added don solaris's mods to my cs15 and i am astonished at the sonic capabilitiesof circuit bending the humble tr707 , i did the hi hat and audio in mod i found on here last night and it is great so thanks for that the shuffle on the audio input is wicked
, and an info on further bending would be much appreciated , i dont think im ready to attempt the pitch mod as it looks ab it fiddley yet but im definatley up for bridging a few pins with a patch bay , the only question is which pins i have found the info on the 626 on burnkit the chart ect and im wondering if it coresponds directly pin for  pin on the 707 ?
i would be grateful for a list of known tried and tested bends that i could add to my 707 as im afraid i just dont have the knowledge or confidence to create/ design  these myself and i love my 707 and dont want to kill it
i have noticed that it is quite difficult to find info on the 707 online and can only assume that you guys like to hold your cards pretty close to you chest if this is the case could someone let me know if im wasting my time,  ;D

(EDITED by admin - changed the thread title to include TR707)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:54:34 AM by Circuitbenders »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: hi im new
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »

Find these two IC's

they are on the bottom left to the left of the Roland chip you see there.. Thats the sound ROM's for 90% of the sounds so shorting the pins together will create most of the standard 707 bends.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool