Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio SA-6  (Read 8189 times)

DeGoyen

Casio SA-6
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »

Hey I'm trying to circuit bend a Casio SA-6, and i was wondering if anyone can help me with this because i have had a really hard time trying to get same patterns every time but i can't, is there anyone who can help we with some tips, or some how to's.

Thanks

DeGoyen

sn7ke

Re: Casio SA-6
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

I looked it up for you, cool small keyboard! Im pretty jeleaus it got drumpads.
As far as i know you can try installing a voltagedrop pot (470 ohm, 200 ohm, around this it works the best)
Try looking it up at the how to/tips or at the casio 1 topic.
I dont know about the sa-6 hardware (maybe it has the same hardware as a other casio)

sn7ke

Re: Casio SA-6
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »

Btw, the lower numbers of the casio's are random glitchmasters. You cant get the same glitch or pattern all the time! Its pretty random, so its not your problem!

Transformer wrote this!
Go ask him

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: live power
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »
Hello, as far as I know (not that experienced but bend almost 20 pieces now)  Made a circuit bend SA6 with only 6 bodycontacts for glitch choas and 2 pushbuttons for other glitch.  As I was further poking around a managed to break the batteryconnection i guess internally because can't run this synth with batteries anymore, so now I always use my ac adaptor with the bodycontacts.  I know it's not that safe cause after playing bodycontacts for about 30min you can really feel it in your arms (i do)  I Think that voltage from current is bad an not that filtered enough, it brings crap with it, so batteries are in my opinion way better, but expensive cost when it comes to circuit bending, testing, sampling,etc.

work for the future: my first speak 'n read, Yamaha shs-10, Alesis HR-16, Casio MT-540, realistic reverb, Casio Pt10, VL-1, Sa1, SA100,SA10, and all those weird clonekeyboards out there..

Collecting things is easy:) but finding time to bend this all is another question:)