Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio CZ-101 - Different Colours?  (Read 8878 times)

sk-1

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Casio CZ-101 - Different Colours?
« on: December 30, 2009, 03:27:05 AM »

Does anyone know whether or not the Casio CZ-101 came in one colour or was it in a variety of colours?  I see photos of CZ-101's that show it to have a metallic-bronze or brown colour and photos that show it as having a metallic-blue colour.  So I'm wondering... is it just poor lighting in the photos?  Or did Casio release this model with different case colours?  I love the metallic-blue look but hate the metallic-brown look.

I want to get another CZ-101 but want to avoid the ugly brown one.  Am I imagining things?

HELP!  :o
So many questions... so little time!

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Casio CZ-101 - Different Colours?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »

do you think it would be possible to maybe stop posting new threads the second a thought pops into your head?  ::)

I don't mean any offence but its getting a bit annoying when the most recent posts list for the past couple of weeks has been ALL from you either starting new threads that nobody replies to or derailing existing ones. Your karma would suggest its getting on other peoples nerves as well!

Have you ever actually circuitbent anything?

sk-1

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:55:22 AM »

Perhaps it's because I'm the only member of this forum who has bothered to get off his backside lately and make some sort of worthwhile contribution (there hasn't been much activity here in the past few weeks anyway... all away on holidays, maybe?).  And if you bothered counting the number of thread views vs the number of replies then you will notice that people here are mainly GUESTS (ie: non-members) and are spending 95% of the time reading and not lifting a lazy finger to type.

Oh... except for you ;)

So... how about making a contribution by replying to this thread?  In answer to your question... No, I haven't circuit-bent anything yet and I've only been in this forum for a couple of weeks now, which makes me a newbie and thirsty for knowledge and brimming with enthusiasm.  I have boatloads of stuff to share and I am very generous at doing that too. I am quite skilled with a soldering iron and have done plenty of component-soldering and soldering on to printed circuits, etc.  I've also stripped down all my keyboards, cleaned and rebuilt each and every one of them.

Anyway, can you tell me if the CZ-101 keyboards came in a range of different colours?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:28:13 AM by SK-1 »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

The CZ101 only came in a kind of dark metallic grey colour as far as i know, but i think there was an Hohner version sold in germany that may well have been white.

To be honest i think Mr Voodoo might have a bit of a point there. Much as i'm sure we all appreciate your enthusiasm and completely understand that you've only just got into circuitbending and so you're really keen, you do seem to be starting an awful lot of new threads every day for someone who hasn't actually circuitbent anything. Every time i log in theres another 5 or 6 threads started by you that people don't really seem that keen on replying to. Time may prove me wrong though i guess. :-\

If its actually possible to judge anything from an arbitrary thing like the karma on this forum, it is possibly getting on peoples nerves a little?

I think a fairly large percentage of supposed thread views on this forum are actually spam bots or some kind of google web crawler or similar. For some reason they seem to count as views by guests. If any thread stays on the first page of any section for any length of time it will get loads of reads by default. Theres probably a way to stop that happening but i've never looked into it.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

voodoolikeudoo

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

looks like i've opened a can of worms here.................. sorry  :-[

sk-1

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:03:36 AM »

Well... for starters, what I am doing can only be good for this site and help immensely with it's SEO, which in turn helps bring more traffic this way, because as you should know... most successful blogs and forums have extremely large quantities of content and information, which is what I am striving to help add and share here.  And anyway, Google rewards sites like CircuitBenders with higher page ranking and search-result positioning when more content is added and more activity between members and through Inbound/outbound links happens.  In fact, it's within Paul's best interests that people make an effort to start doing what I'm doing... by way of adding quality content, asking specific questions, opening interesting areas of exploration, praising others and generally making this place a more friendly and welcoming experience for everyone.  Otherwise, what you have is a dead site... with members dropping off one-by-one like flies... and that is very counterproductive to the aims of this website, is it not?

Seriously... If you want to vent your frustrations or personal feelings towards another person simply because you disagree with their behaviour, then I know of some good social forums and websites I can recommend to help you get your 2 bob worth!  ;)

Secondly... the karma rating is nothing more than a ratio calculator, ie:  The number of posts vs the number of replies. Therefore it is illogical to suggest my negative karma could only mean people are getting annoyed with me.  That's just an interpretation based on personal feelings, not facts.  My questions barely get any views and most of the time, those views are actually me checking to see whether my questions make sense or need altering to be more clear, etc.  So far I am getting some interesting answers and voodoo seems to be the only one complaining.  But I also looked through voodoo's posting history and discovered that he has also done the same thing with S-Cat... so it goes to show that this whole situation is nothing more than incidental.  A storm in a teacup, to be precise.

Anyway, after spending time reading briefly through the thread history of this site I noticed a sharp decrease in members recently.  It seems a handful of well respected and prominent circuit benders deleted their accounts and moved on elsewhere.  Personally, I have been witness to conversations in other circuit bending forums and blogs that mention this as well as their reasons for leaving... such as no one was bothering to answer their questions (which is apparently still happening... take me, for example) and that they felt like no one was actively taking part or paying attention to anything said or done in here, (apart from leeching all the information they could on how to bend!).  And doesn't common-sense dictate that a complete newbie has more questions than most others because of the simple fact that he/she knows much less about something than others?  Sure, I'll search the internet looking for the info I need.  But if I can't find the info I need, I'll usually ask.  If people don't know the answer or don't want to share the answer with me, then fine.  At least I can't be accused of not asking!  LOL!

And it was that level of searching that helped me build one of the only lists I know of that show all the Concertmates beside their Casio equivalents... all because I felt like helping jamiewoody out ;D

I honestly don't believe anyone else here shares the same opinion as voodoo.  And I think it's ludicrous to suggest that a single person has the authority, or even the knowledge, to speak on behalf of all members of this site when voodoo is the only member to have a problem with me.

*EDIT:  Talk about 'derailing' a topic!  I thought this thread was about keyboard colours! :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:48:38 AM by SK-1 »

sk-1

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 05:06:31 AM »

The CZ101 only came in a kind of dark metallic grey colour as far as i know, but i think there was an Hohner version sold in germany that may well have been white.

So it must be a trick of the light, then.  Of the dozens of photos I've seen of the various CZ-101's on the internet, they look either metallic brown or metallic blue.  So I'm guessing it must be the way the metallic paint reflects different kinds of light because the metallic blue is my favourite whenever I see a pic of one.  A metallic grey or silver is pretty close to a metallic blue, I guess.

voodoolikeudoo

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »

well perhaps its just this whole condescending 'i know best little kiddies' thing that you've got going on that must be just winding me up then? We'll just have to agree to disagree.  ::)

To answer one of your other points, yes i found s-cat to be a major pain in the ass and told him so. It turned out that he was a major pain in the ass and he got banned.  :-\

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »

ok, you're both homosexual nazi's!   :D  ::)

Now thats said and this thread has degenerated into the standard lowest common denominator web forum and comments squabbling bullshit we don't actually need to go any further do we?

No, i didn't think so.  ::)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

SebbeK

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »

Hey, psst Sk-1 ! Keep up the spamming! ;) It's better than seeing balls of grass rolling around here

sk-1

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 01:33:45 AM »

well perhaps its just this whole condescending 'i know best little kiddies' thing that you've got going on that must be just winding me up then?

Well voodoo... I don't know best, which is why I joined this forum as a complete newbie to circuit bending.  I thought that would have been blatantly obvious ::)  But yes, I can speak as an authority on SEO because I run an affiliate marketing business and also happen to be an SEO expert with 7 years experience, that's all.  I'm not much of an expert on anything else around here it seems and that's okay... because I know that in a few months I will be bending like crazy and sharing with you guys all my wonderful toys and bending experiences! ;D

Anyway... I'm locking this topic because crustyPaul is right.  This has gone on way too long and should be stopped.  I can't stop people whinging about my activities in other threads, but I can stop responding to them and giving them more ammunition to fire at me.  I'll just keep on topic and ask my questions, offer my advice and share the wealth of knowledge here.  If voodoo wishes to keep chomping down on every little tasty morsel that comes his way, then he'll have to find someone else to keep throwing him scraps ;)