Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Toggles with Nipples!  (Read 4956 times)

sk-1

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Toggles with Nipples!
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:09:38 AM »

I really like the idea of having black, rubber nipples (or 'boots', as some like to call them) fitted over toggle switches when surface-mounting controls or building external break-out boxes or synth-like cabinets.  Here's a type of nipple that PartsPipe on eBay is selling (the link to this site is in crustyPaul's list of components suppliers):

Yes, it does bring up the cost of a project by a pocket full of dollars... but it makes any bending switch look like it was meant to be there and creates a nice 'harmony' (no pun intended) with the toy it's fitted to.  I think overall it makes things look more professional and helps to hide uneven rows of switches which look quite obvious because one's attention is drawn to them. And I know that they mostly come in black, but that should be perfect for most black keyboards or dark paintjobs.

At the risk of conjuring up dirty images in people's minds, does anyone else here use rubber nipples on their toggle switches?  If so, do you find them to be useful?  Are they tough and sturdy enough to survive tearing them open or wearing holes into them with constant use?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:07:37 AM by sk-1 »
So many questions... so little time!

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: Toggles with Nipples!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »

rapid have them in the bargain section at the moment - if you are uk based that is, I haven't tried them though:

http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?clearance=1&tier1=Electronic+Components&tier2=Switches&tier3=Toggle+Switches&tier4=Non-RoHS+Toggle+switch+cover&moduleno=75749

5p a piece
yum, plastic sinewaves

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
Re: Toggles with Nipples!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »

the room your toggles are in must be really cold!  ::)
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"