Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ARSE!!!  (Read 11456 times)

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
ARSE!!!
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:34 PM »

I'm bending a Yamaha PSS-14. I found that it's not that great to bend, but i still got some nice simple splicing of preset rhythms.  I then found a very sneaky pitch up... 'muwahahhahaaaaaargh' i thought to myself.  It required a little 100ohm resistor but it works, or worked actually. 
So I stick the back of the case on, rescrew it all up.  Try it and it's still awesome.  I snip the rotary spindle and select a good looking knob (oo er) and it's a tight fit but i persevere.  This was a bad idea cos after a crunching sound, there was now some rattleing inside the case and the spindle was a little loose.  I reopen the case and fanny about trying to put the rotary switchback together.  This takes 30 minutes, i get it back together and retardedly put the case back together and put all the screws back in, but this 'fixed' rotary switch isn't quite right... because it doesn't F@#KING work!!!
SO, i remove the screws and the back of the case again!!!  Crack open a new rotary switch and set about desoldering and resoldering, this takes a lot less time than trying to insert a spring and two 3mm ball bearings back into a busted rotary switch.  i'm pleasantly suprised at this, but still at a 10 on the frustrat-o-meter. 
'hahha' I exclaim, hooking up the batteries and testing the rotary pre-recasing and HURRAH!!! it works.  I put the back of the case on and screw it on.  I select a different knob for the rotary and damn it's great to get it finished.  So i turn it on with the intention of recording a sample.  It works... i flick the toggle for the pitch up and there's a pop!  no pitch up. no nothing!  i think i'm gonna leave it for an hour or two now  :'(

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
Re: ARSE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:26:39 PM »

I feel your pain man. I hate it when I fry something.

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:35:37 AM »

thank you for your words of support.  A much needed crutch in these sad and desperate times.

That final prayer must have worked though cos it's up and running again!!!!! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

Just as well cos it wasn't my keyboard!

muwahahahhahahhahahahaaaahhahhaaaarrrgfhggghakj!

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:41:41 PM »

ooooh, glad it's working again.

i fried a bontempi 'system 5' the other day. i got it doing a 'sa-1' style deep crash. when it worked it sounded like miles davis playing a gig in a zx81. a wonderful thing  ;D. but, and it's quite a but, it only worked once every 50 or so button presses. so after another couple of deep jazz tunes from hell i had a funny smell in the air and a dead keyboard.

maybe it was karma. fecking awful keyboards those system 5s. ugh.

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »

I have one of them too.  Is it the one with 666 sounds?  It's the only reason i have mine... but even satan can't save it from being a piece of crap.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:30:37 PM »

sounded like miles davis playing a gig in a zx81. a wonderful thing  ;D.

I crashed a kawasaki DSI keyboard a while back and it started playing Blue Monday at me, which i know isn't in that chipset in any respect. S

Spooky. ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool