Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Photoresistors, LEDS, questions..  (Read 8476 times)

migraneboy

Photoresistors, LEDS, questions..
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:07:48 PM »

Hi!

Iīve started experimenting on the TapeSequencer idea I posted In the Keyboards and Synths page a while ago.

The basic operation would be a LED as the light source for a photoresistor. Since the job of the LDR would be
to work as an ON/OFF switch (not to trigger glitches or bends) for the output of audio (propably the line outs of keyboards), I got to thinking about the sensitivity and speed of the LDRīs,  and what kind of currents can be controlled with them..

Could anyone give me suggestions as to what type of LED/LDR combinations would work for this kind of purpose?
The brightness of the LEDīs can be controlled, but how about the bahaviour of the LDRīs?

I would like to have a selection of different "enevelopes" for the trigger, i.e. slower/faster LDRS.. possible?

After some fiddling around with C-casettets, I decided to use VHS tapes for they have room for several LEDs and have a wider tape. The initial tests weīre promising and  now Im off to get a cheap videoplayer and see if I can strip it into a more convenient size, and add a tape speed control. :)