Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Impulse buying!  (Read 11036 times)

geigercounter120

Impulse buying!
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:16:42 AM »

Right, so this is a bit of a nonsense post, but I thought I'd share it with you all anyway.
I just bought a Korg DDM220 drum machine from ebay with the intention of bending it.

All the drum machines I've ever used have been vsti's, so I've discovered how fiddly these buggers are to program!
I've not found ANY pics of bent 220's (only the 110's, which appears to be the same thing but with better sounds...) so i'll be bending in the dark!

Any tips on good bends or things to avoid like the plague would be cool! ;D

One of these days, i'll actually get around to finishing a bend and soldering/wiring it up instead of playing about with my probes!

To-bend-list:
Furby
PSS-780
speak&spell
korg ddm 220
broken rocktek phaser (i fried the chip i think by accidentally running the +ve charge thru it!... I'll be raiding it for parts methinks...)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Impulse buying!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:43:25 PM »

I never found anything usable on the DDM220 apart from some individual sound overdrives and individual outputs but then i opened mine up about 3 years ago, spent a day probing it for bends and its been lying there in pieces ever since.

Every now and then it gets cannibalised for parts in times of dire emergency so i'd be surprised if it even turns on anymore  :(
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool