Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: RED HOT TR707 action!  (Read 16496 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
RED HOT TR707 action!
« on: August 15, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

Just finished this baby  :o

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: RED HOT TR707 action!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »

I like the cathode tubes on it.  How d'ya set about rigging them up?  I've got a couple sat around looking shit cos they're not in anything...

Have you any samples of this beast in action yet?

i'm itching for a drum machine... grr.  :D

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:57:41 AM »

ahhh, you could have put a bit more effort into that...  :P

heheheheh, just joking. looks awesome... a very nice mod!

geigercounter120

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »

ye gods! that looks fking fantastic!

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »

I think I just messed my pants.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »

I like the cathode tubes on it.  How d'ya set about rigging them up?  I've got a couple sat around looking shit cos they're not in anything...

You can mount cathode tubes on anything that runs of 12 volts in theory, you just need a mother of a power supply to cope with the extra 600Ma or so that they will draw. You've also got to be careful where you mount the invertor as it will interfere with the audio if you so much as look at it funny. Thats why i've got it mounted outside the case on the left, i could have stuck it inside but it was going to overheat.

Bit of a novelty being able to see the screen of a 707 on a dark atage. ;)

The knobs on the bottom right control the decay of the open and closed hi-hats. They both use the same sample with different envelopes so the open hi-hat decay knob acts kind of like a maximum decay knob and the closed hat knob sets the decay of the closed hat at any amount under that set by the open hat decay. If that makes any sense.

The socket on the side allows you to input an external audio signal which takes the place of the hats and is gated by the hats pattern and envelopes.

mrsteve81

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
Is it wrong to be sexually excited by machinery?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »

Is it wrong to be sexually excited by machinery?

I dunno, but anything made by EMS makes me need to go for a cold shower  :D

Jens M. C.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

Hey Circuitbenders!

This machine of yours looks quiet fantastic! I've just got my hands on a tr-727 and I want to bend it. I've been bending for quiet some time but I have newer tried to bend a TR before. Do you have some few advice beyond the ones on this thread: http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,576.0.html ? (Maybe a DIY guide or a link to one) Especially how to make an audio input throu the whistle would be cool!

Thanks!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

If you want to put in an audio input that replaces the whistle you should cut the circuitboard trace just to the right of where is says R128 on the board, at least thats where it is on a 707. This is about halfway up the board above the sound ROM's. If you can post a picture of a 727 board i can point out exactly where you need to cut.

You need to use a switching mono jack socket with one side of the tip connector wired to the solder point just to the right of where it says C69 and the other to the solder pad slightly to the right and below, on the other side of the trace you just cut. You will probably have to scrape off some of the green covering to get at this pad.

I can't remember off the top of my head which was round the wires have to be soldered but when you have them the right way round the whistle sound should be replaced with the external input when you plug a jack into the socket.

manufactured zero

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »

Hey Circuitbenders!

This machine of yours looks quiet fantastic! I've just got my hands on a tr-727 and I want to bend it. I've been bending for quiet some time but I have newer tried to bend a TR before. Do you have some few advice beyond the ones on this thread: http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,576.0.html ? (Maybe a DIY guide or a link to one) Especially how to make an audio input throu the whistle would be cool!

Thanks!

Take a look at the burnkit site.

http://www.burnkit2600.com/

All you need to know and then some  :)

manufactured zero

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »

Nice machine. And i love those cathode tubes. Although they'd likely get broken by my killer girlfriend if i put them on anything i made. She knocked a couple of keys off of my monomachine awhile back and then spilled a drink over it a few months later. I reckon she harbours some psychotic hatred for the thing...

I'm actually quite jealous as i've been after a 707 for ages but they always end up in the silly money region in the last ten seconds on ebay. Guess i'll have to get busy and save up haha.

Waiting for some bits to allow me to have a crack at 505 rom swapping. Along with bits for about ten other projects i want to get on with  ::)

If i figure it out i'll get the info up. Although judging by the success that other people have had who are more versed in the subject i wouldn't hold your breath.

Sorry, i just read the comedy thread again and had to smile ;)