Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: heres how to add tuneable toms to a tr 606 AMENDED  (Read 5726 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
heres how to add tuneable toms to a tr 606 AMENDED
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »

i just finished modding my 606 its cool and i installed switches on every mod (xcept the bass drum) so i can return it
to factory settings

replacing  r333 and r318  with 10k pots will give you tuneable toms , this works but they seem to interact with each other at high values dont know why yet   :-\, i installed switches so i can return to factory easy , i also added trimmers (i used 20k as i had some handy) to limit the range cause it sounds a bit silly

cheers ciaran
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:21:09 PM by selfpreservation »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: heres how to add tuneable toms to a tr 606
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »

Is it noise as you turn the pots or just background noise?

If its general background noise you can probably deal with it by using shielded cable with the sleeve grounded to the body of the pot at one end and a nearby ground point on the board at the other, assuming you're using metal pots that is.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: heres how to add tuneable toms to a tr 606
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »

it was picking up the led blinking as noise and i did actually buy some shielded cable to re do the toms(great minds think alike and all that)  but i noticed then i took the 606 apart it went away (i would neve have closed it up before it was sorted) so it was easier just to route the cable down the side of the 606 in my case as i have installed a new control panel at the bottom of the 606 no noise problem now  :)