Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Danelectro Chili Dog octave pedal  (Read 12360 times)

eArh0x

Danelectro Chili Dog octave pedal
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:57:34 AM »

Greets all.  I have one I never use. 

Would this be suitable for a first bend?
How would you start?
Would it make sound on its own or would it still need an input signal and still just act as an effect?

Thanks in advance.

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: Danelectro Chili Dog octave pedal
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »

I've only bent two pedals, so i'm not the authority on this matter but here's what I found whilst bending them. 

It does help to have a signal going through the pedal, some bend points will warp the exisiting signal or mask it all together.  If you want the pedal to retain it's original uses then you need to check that every bend you have found is compatible with the next and doesn't cut out the input signal... but, if like me you don't care then bend away with blatant disregard for intended use.

You need to be really mindful of where you place your switches.  If they're too close together you'll lose functinality/praacticality. also there's very limited space in most pedals and you'll end up sacrificing the 9v battery compartment... it helps to add an external box for this or use a 9v adaptor... just not when looking for bends :)

worst thing ever... fitting all your switches / pots etc into the compartment lid and it not fitting back into the pedal.  Always plan with care and attention... or you end up filling all those unwanted holes with LEDs  :-\

check out http://www.bentpedals.com/index.php.  They have loads of info about different bent pedals and may even have a boardscan with bend points in their schematics section.

good luck with it and make sure to post some piccys and sounds!