Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 4429 times)

trogdsk8

I'm new
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »

I've had a Casio pt-80 for a while but just started to research it. I came across all the different modifications that people have been making to that Casio and other different models and I found it extremely interesting. I have no real background knowledge in electronics or synths or circuit bending but after a while of searching I found this site and wanted to know if there were any topics in here i could be directed to or if there were any EXTREME beginners guides that i could get or what i could look for or start learning to get into this. i really didn't know what circuit bending was until the other day but it seems pretty crazy what you can do to these machines and i want to see what i can learn about it.
any help is appreciated  :)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:37:01 AM »

Theres a pretty basic beginners guide on the main site http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/tips.html

Theres also some useful stuff in the bending tips section on here including the 'how to get started...' thread http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,509.0.html

I'd suggest that a Casio PT probably isn't the best place to start as a novice as they can be a bit frustrating, if you can even find anything worthwhile on it at all. I'd probably recommend something like a Casio SA or just a kids toy that can have a pitch knob and line out added, or even a speak & spell if you can find one cheap.

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

trogdsk8

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:44:05 AM »

Thanks a lot I'll definatly be looking over that and maybe I'll find out what a pitch knob and line out are ha.

I was thinking that maybe the casio would be a little too complicated, so should i just start out on smaller things that can just make noise or am i looking for a piano type configuration or something else specific?

Simon Vactrol

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »

do you know of this....?:

http://www.anti-theory.com/book/

is like our bible!! there are also few project you can start with...is a great start!

:)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:13:56 PM »

some kind of cheap kids toy might be your best bet, it doesn't necessarily have to be a piano, just something that makes a noise.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool