Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Circuit bent unknown keyboard with Bratz microphone  (Read 5341 times)

phantompowers

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • http://www.myspace.com/rockinrobzilla
Circuit bent unknown keyboard with Bratz microphone
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »

Circuit Bent Little Red Keyboard With Circuit Bent Bratz Microphone..mp4

I thought I'd better do a post as I haven't contributed anything for a while. Although I do visit this site daily!

I don't know what make this keyboard is. Another charity shop bargain!
It had a resistor controlling the pitch which has been swapped for a pot. I've added a superbright blue LED, a mini jack output and I made an oscillator circuit from a 74HC chip which also has a pitch control. This is connected to the same power supply and output. It makes some great squeals and screeches! I also added a RCA socket which is attached to the low 'c' key, so it can be triggered externally.

The bratz microphone has been rehoused in a wooden box and its mic and speaker replaced with jack sockets.
There is a LM386 chip on the circuit board and the gain control was made by attaching a 1K pot between legs 1 and 8. The other 2 controls are for mix and pitch.
It is a great sounding effects box which sounds very similar to a ring modulator. It sounds really wangy when you play a guitar through it!

If you want any further info give me a shout.
Enjoy!!
BEND YOUR BRAIN