Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casiotone mt-55  (Read 9893 times)

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
Casiotone mt-55
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:53:48 PM »

got one of these yetsreday for peanuts, I've found a few interesting tones and distortions, but I can't find any info anywhere on the net, anyone ever happened to bend one of these things? Or even have a clue how it genertaes the rather reedy noises it makes.

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Casiotone mt-55
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 08:56:28 PM »

square wave synthesis i would think.

it will probably be a bit of a subtler bender than a sample based synth but you should find some lovely distortions and sound tweaks in there. does it have a tempo slider? awesome for pitch/tempo related bends. also look out for bends on the drums. i love opening up the envelopes on analogy blip rhythms and feeling the rush.  :D

i really like the older casio squarewave synths. i find them very musical and quite warm even with that reedy casioness.

sorry not to have more specific bends for you but good luck exploiring!

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:48:22 PM »

I found some quite nice fuzzy distortions and a lovely phase effect, will keep on poking away. bigest issue is the complese lack of space for controls, may have to remove the speaker.

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »

Ended up fining about three bends. A gated delay kind of thing operated by a toggle swithc, a feedback loop set off by two body cotacts and the most interesting bend which is a massive pitch bend down, with a pot to control things it essentially lets you detune the whole keyboard. I'll be posting pics and stuff on my myspace blog.