Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cheetah MD16 MIDI Ballsup  (Read 19021 times)

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
Re: Cheetah MD16 MIDI Ballsup
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »

There's a guy in Wales who sells photocopies of Cheetah service manuals on eBay, who apparently used to actually work for Cheetah back when they were going.  

He's also been selling knackered MD16's spray painted back as being 'refurbished' rare models. Someone sent me one they had bought from him recently and he hadn't even bothered to change the battery or clean up the battery leakage that was slowly killing it. He even generously included a spare battery,which was obviously secondhand and in atrocious condition! They are blatantly rebuilt from parts he has lying around with the bare minimum done to get them working, however briefly. The guy who bought it was understandably pissed of at having been ripped off for £120 or so.

There are no MD16's with 700 sounds. Theres no way they would have put that many on two ROM's in 1990.

The buttons on the rack are some kind of easily available tactile switch if i recall correctly. Take one out and have a look.

sorry got it wrong a bit says over 700 sounds available in memory

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
Re: Cheetah MD16 MIDI Ballsup
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

I got to replace some of the switches on my md16 r any idea what the replacements i can use ???
Pages: 1 [2]