Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some new bendings for yamaha PSS6  (Read 6088 times)

Simon Vactrol

• Way to much time on his hands
Some new bendings for yamaha PSS6
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »

hi!
 i'm rehousing a yamaha pss6 and this is what i've found:

Let me knows how it goes...enjoy!
:)

Simon Vactrol

Re: Some new bendings for yamaha PSS6
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:00:22 PM »

Works really well with glitches on as the keys start to play aleatronic verse..i didn't try to install all of them yet cos i'm still working on it...but yea!! this is for us!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:01:14 PM by Simon Vactrol »

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

I finally managed to install those bends..you've got to play around a B to fine tune them.

A.I.Project .Tabula Rasa.

Unfortunately  i couldn't finish the project for a couple of reason..one is the battery compartment..it took me too much space and i couldn't install the other 3 circuits planned....damn!!!

I dont know!!!!
97 people have look at it and probably saved this schematic into a folder...... but no one has even say hello!!
I will love to be helped with this project just to speed it up a B..
leave a reply here  if you feel like...

Enjoy the video!!!

Sv.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »

HELLO!

The first two or three minutes of that video made me feel like my brain was about to start dribbling out of my ears! Whats actually in there? Is that just the PSS6?
Its a brilliant random drone machine, and i'm liking the easy listening jazz at the start  ;)

Unfortunately i don't have one or i'd definately give that a go. Its always good to see someone actually putting in some effort to make something really cool.  :)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Paul,and for the reply..it make me feel better!!
 ;)
Yes that is just the PSS6, I've started shaping it that way about 6 or 7 months ago, to do so i had to destroy my first one(experimentation victim)..and cut/chop/adjust a 2ND one  till reduce it  into the main board...
I have strange taste about equipment..and I've always had the suspect that behind that "otherwise piece of cheesiness..there was a strange drone beast so I've invest some of my time to get the right result(almost)..it is not finished yet the main project is about to host 3 more circuits..but that later..
Bending it I've noticed:
It has a short on the power starve can be isolated..i guess ::) cos I've only tough about it but no tried yet!..looking at my potentiometers seems possible. ::)

So next time i have to sort few problems..like:
The ltc1799 (yes that one ;)):
It seems capable to go way more low down..but after the range shown on the video it starts whistle!!(annoying but cool in a way)
I guess i have to experiment with the 10k is in the ltc..this is what my brain suggest...i need to find a solution  otherwise my ears will end like a piece of Gruyere cheese!!

The other problem is the battery compartment..i suspect i have to build a DD size battery compartment with voltage regulator so i can power multiple circuits and have at least a couple of hours of autonomy..but it is all theory again...(I'm sure i can do that)

I just will like to talk with someone had similar experience of building a case with multiple circuits...and get inputs to finish mine..few wise words to walk in the right path.

I'll post the progress here  if i make  them...and also...fancy one!!  ;D

Sv

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:58:57 PM by Simon Vactrol »

phantompowers

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • http://www.myspace.com/rockinrobzilla
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »

That is well smart. I will finish my PSS-6 one day!!
BEND YOUR BRAIN