Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: newbie help with LTC1799 and SK1  (Read 6934 times)

neut

newbie help with LTC1799 and SK1
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »

Hi, clueless newbie here needing help. I've done a little bit of circuit bending a few years ago and decided to take the plunge and get back into it. Just picked up an SK1 and pretty excited about bending it. The thing is I've just bought the LTC1799 and haven't got a clue where to begin totally confused with where it needs to go on the SK1. So I know the question has been asked before but I thought Id ask again. Does anyone have a easy to see schematic showing where the chip should go?

Thanks

neut

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
Re: newbie help with LTC1799 and SK1
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »

there are others here who can help you specifically with what you are trying to accomplish. i would suggest getting a set of jumpers or a bare wire and poking around, experimenting some...just stay away from the power supply.

suggested bends on the sk1 are the patch matrix (connect these using jacks and cables or switches for LIVE bending!). search casper electronics for this one!

also, there is a very sweet spot on the pitch points. add body contacts there to pitch up and down simply with a touch!

there are some  skew sets and other things in reed gahzalla's book...these little machines are pretty vast, so no matter what you see others do, you can and will find new ones yourself!
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »

Theres a coil for pitch on the SK1 isn't there?

Assuming you have built the oscillator circuit (http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/LTC/LTCguide1.html) i'd try wiring the output of the LTC1799 to one of the solder points of the coil and see if it changes the pitch. It'll probably be the bottom right point that connects to the big surface mount chip via a fat circuit trace, although it might not be. If it changes the pitch then you should probably remove the coil and replace it with the LTC, unless you want to make it swtchable as described here http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/tutorials/LTCinstallation1.html
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

neut

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »

okay....deep breath. I've got my case built, hooked up patch bay with 25 points, joystick fitted getting ready to separate voices on the outputs, create soft reset and a couple of other bits and pieces. I've also built the ltc1799 circuit ready for fitting to the sk1. The thing is I'm so nervous about messing the thing up that I wouldn't know where to put the first spot of solder. ive looked round the web etc, but still struggling to see where to start, so this is a bit of  a cry for help.

Thanks

John

strssmmnt

• Way to much time on his hands
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »

Here's all you need.
http://www.getlofi.com/?p=2781

neut

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »

I've looked at the diagram for the getlofi ltc1799, but don't understand how it works in relation to the circuitbenders one as I've tried the getlofi way of installing it but get nothing from the sk1. In fact when i cut the lines the sk stopped responding :( so its sat on my table at the moment. I know I should just move on and come back to it at some other point but I just can't back down from the challenge.