Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bending for Easter  (Read 5873 times)

jossCardiff

• All the bees are dead
Bending for Easter
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »

Just had a go over Easter at bending an ABC type toy as my son wanted to have a go and he found this himself in a charity shop, so we sat down and did this together (although he wasnt allowed to use the soldering iron)

http://allthebeesaredead.blogspot.com/2011/04/circuit-bent-toy-for-easter.html

It's not amazing but it was a good simple introduction for a 10 year old I guess.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Bending for Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »

are you sure you've got the right resistor for the pitch there? i'm sure it should be able to go further than that. Maybe you need a much bigger pot value but i'm thinking you have the wrong pitch resistor, assuming the right one is even in there.
If you stick a resistor in series with the pot it should stop it crashing at the top end as it sets a minimum resistance, you'd have to experiment with the value though.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

jossCardiff

• All the bees are dead
Re: Bending for Easter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:50 PM »

well I could only find one pitch change, there was basically a black blob IC with I think two capicitors and one resistor around it. I only had spare 47k and 220k pots, so went with the 220k, and I did think about putting a min resistor thing in but couldnt spend that much time on it it, as i'm working on a bigger project which im hoping to finish soon, which is hopefully going to be pretty impressive and have more music making potential.

I may revisit this one after that but i'm not sure it worth the while, given the lack of space and usability of it.

I need to buy some more pots and fixed value resistors, my stock is pretty low at the moment.