Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: bending guitar effects pedals  (Read 9265 times)

the_rekoner

bending guitar effects pedals
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »

hi people i'm new to all this and would like to try bending some guitar effects pedals.

could you guys give me some pointers. the main thing i'm worried about is getting killed trying to find the points on the circuit board. is it safe to have the pedal connected up to an amp with an audio source running through it, as long as the pedal itself is not connected to the mains?

any info or tips  would be much appreciated

the_rekoner

Re: bending guitar effects pedals
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »

pretty please!!

:'(

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »

Cheaper pedals like rockteks and arion's are always good for bending. You want to go for effects like Phasers, Flangers and delays for the best effects.

Its perfectly safe to run something through the pedal while you are bending it with it connected to an amp. the only way you are going to get hurt is if theres something seriously wrong with the amp. In which case you are dead anyway 

Just kidding ;)

Its more or less perfectly reasonable to run it from a 9v power supply when bending it as well.

Theres a couple more posts on bending pedals on this forum so you might want to do a search, and read the tips pages on the circuitbenders site.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

the_rekoner

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:43 PM »

ok thanks for your help.  ;)