Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Has anyone had problems with Rapid recently?  (Read 7531 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Has anyone had problems with Rapid recently?
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

I'm just wondering if anyone else who buys from Rapid electronics in the UK has had any problems with them recently? The last few times i've ordered from them i've had issues with missing parts, being sent the wrong parts, being sent damaged parts, orders taking 4 or 5 days to arrive when it used to be next day 90% of the time, and a lot of the stuff i tend to buy seems to be permanently out of stock.
They even appear to have started moderating the reviews of items on their website, so if you write a bad review of a product it conveniently vanishes or never even appears

I'm wondering if i've just been incredibly unlucky or if other people have been experiencing problems with them as well.

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Has anyone had problems with Rapid recently?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »

Generally been ok for me still. Ordered a load of their yellow tricolour knobs, and had about 10 that were for D shafts instead of splined - I still need to get in touch with them about that! Also their pots keep on going out of stock, and taking over 2 months to come back in.

Their website Favourites feature never works for me as well. Aside from that though haven't had any problems I don't think.

tbone

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:23 PM »

I have definitely notice slower delivery dates. I'm not sure if that is down to them or the delivery company they use. My last order from them there was nobody in when they came and despite leaving a card saying they would deliver next day they didn't for another 3 days!

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

Actually, the prices don't seem to be as good as they used to be either. I know they fluctuate and there's been a VAT increase etc.. but have been noticing some things being cheaper at JPR lately - Salecom toggle switches spring to mind right now, though can't say for certain if that's always been the case.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:32 PM »

Loads of stuff is way cheaper at JPR, especially switches, although they have been a little more shambolic lately as well.

With regards to delivery times from Rapid, i suspect that they have been shipping stuff out slower but also sending a lot more stuff via royal mail that they would have sent via courier a few months back.

I've been buying a lot more stuff from Mouser in the US recently. Spend over £50 plus VAT, and you get free courier shipping to the UK and they pay any customs fee's. They also have a much wider range than any UK company.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »

Wow, that's a pretty good deal! Will definitely have a look at their site next time I'm buying.