Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: alphabet apple bend suggestions for newbie please  (Read 5847 times)

smojo

• I love making my own experimental instruments
    • smojomusic
alphabet apple bend suggestions for newbie please
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »

Hi all

Just joined this forum. Just working on my 4th bend a Vtech Alphabet Apple. Added a 1 meg pot pitch control with opto resistor and 1/4 o/put jack. Getting some cool effects especially if hooked up to some flanger and reverb/delay. Quite a few of these on Youtube but can't seem to find info on any other bends for it. Seems to be some distortion and glitches to be found. Can anyone help please.
The rule is "there are no rules"

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: alphabet apple bend suggestions for newbie please
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:28:26 PM »

Regarding the pitch, there's some toys that will glitch out when you simply short the pitch resistor for a brief moment. This is one of them.  ;)

There's a couple of different versions of the Alphabet Apple as it happens, but I think the glitchy one is the most common. Soldering a push to make button across the pitch points should do it. It's basically turning the pitch up really high for a second. On other devices you may need a resistor or trimmer as well to set the right high pitch.

smojo

• I love making my own experimental instruments
    • smojomusic
Re: alphabet apple bend suggestions for newbie please
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »

Thanks, I removed the timing resistor and replaced with a 1meg pot but think it crashed when set to zero R so if fitted a fixed R in series to set a miminum R to stop it. It's a few weeks ago that I built it so I'll revisit it and try the momentary short as suggested. Any other suggestions welcome.
The rule is "there are no rules"