Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yamaha RX-15  (Read 18816 times)

Evoke.T.Macabre

Yamaha RX-15
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:11:57 AM »

dont know if these are similar to the RX-17's... although im guessing that they are.  has anyone worked on a 15 before?  ive been neglecting an unbent 15 for some time. figured it was about time to start processes up--  any help with whatever is apreciated. 

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Yamaha RX-15
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 01:51:34 PM »

I couldn't find anything on the RX15 apart from a couple of weak distortions and a whole lot of connnections that lock up, reset and crash the machine including a few that fill the memory with empty patterns so you can't do anything until you've deleted every pattern one by one. Theres also some crashes that will only allow you to start it up again when you've removed the internal battery.

The RX15 and RX11 are major pains in the ass.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Evoke.T.Macabre

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:21:05 PM »

FUCK!  haha... i was thinking the model number was close to the rx17 and had seen many of those bent, thta it would have been similar bends...  darn. but definetely thanks for the info!

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »

I couldn't find anything on the RX15 apart from a couple of weak distortions and a whole lot of connnections that lock up, reset and crash the machine including a few that fill the memory with empty patterns so you can't do anything until you've deleted every pattern one by one. Theres also some crashes that will only allow you to start it up again when you've removed the internal battery.

The crash that fills the memory with empty patterns is a MASSIVE pain. I gave up after it happened about 5 times on my RX-15. Good to hear i didn't miss anything

Many_boomers

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 11:09:32 PM »

FUCK

Many_boomers

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:40 PM »

http://www.anoderecords.com/machines/RX-11Mods.html

This guy bent his Rx11, and that's basically a more complex rx15. I imagine that it has a lot of the same chips, just less buttons.

Hmm, I wonder if instead of using a joystick or a rotary switch, if an array of toggle switches or maybe a five row DIP switch would suffice?

I don't want to trash my last Atari stick.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »

Have you tried any of these bends, are they actually worthwhile?

That guy must have had a whole lot more patience than i have  ;)

Many_boomers

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 06:57:40 AM »

Nnnnnnnno. Because I solder very poorly. But, because I have it, it's nice to know it can be done. And because this thing sounds like decaying sheep ass smells I probably will burn it up trying to broke-tify it ...Later.

Källman

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

Someone is selling a bent rx15 on ebay without telling! everyone! jump him!

coldwar

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 03:28:25 AM »

Lol NO that is bad info on the Pattern or Song Clear method.  In the RX15 User Manual on page 37 it goes thru how to clear all Patterns or Songs hit CLEAR then hold ACCENT and STOP and it will display "Clear ALL Songs?" then hit Yes.  Sploosh.  Same for Pattern clear.  Easy Peazy.  Hope this saves someone banging their head against the wall some time in the future. 

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 02:47:55 AM »

Except in the situation i described the factory reset or any method described in the manual to clear the memory doesn't work, as the crash seems to lock up the memory somehow.

So lol, YES that is good info.