Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: the buddhist echo box  (Read 23438 times)

Silas

Re: the buddhist echo box
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »

So sexy!

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »

RIP the buddha box....  :'(

Well, it had to happen. After travelling to various locations in Europe and being used many times on stage and in the studio it's now deceased...

I've just spent all of yesterday and most of the morning today trying to get it working again,. It's still 'working' as far as the echo goes but the input level has reduced to virtually nothing, just a crackly, incredibly faint sound. I'm guessing it's using a diode on the input as a form of cheap amplifier but my knowledge doesn't extend to the go beyond that as anything but theory (and the fact there is a small diode on input).

Can anyone suggest any other tips on troubleshooting or should it just go six feet under?

kick52

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »

RIP the buddha box....  :'(

Well, it had to happen. After travelling to various locations in Europe and being used many times on stage and in the studio it's now deceased...

I've just spent all of yesterday and most of the morning today trying to get it working again,. It's still 'working' as far as the echo goes but the input level has reduced to virtually nothing, just a crackly, incredibly faint sound. I'm guessing it's using a diode on the input as a form of cheap amplifier but my knowledge doesn't extend to the go beyond that as anything but theory (and the fact there is a small diode on input).

Can anyone suggest any other tips on troubleshooting or should it just go six feet under?

Try replacing the amp with a super hardcore transistor amp or something?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »

I was just working on one of those buddha prayer loop things for someone and the output volume has been steadily dropping ever since i first got hold of it. I've got a feeling i may have supplied it with too much current at some point and something has partially fried, but seeing as theres nothing in there apart from a black blob, the pitch resistor and a cap its a bit tricky to do anything about it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:30:53 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

citizin

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 04:12:17 AM »

man, I'll purchase that echo board off of you. Can't find them anywhere in the US

andy_wheels

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

I was just working on one of those buddha prayer loop things for someone and the output volume has been steadily dropping ever since i first got hold of it. I've got a feeling i may have supplied it with too much current at some point and something has partially fried, but seeing as theres nothing in there apart from a black blob, the pitch resistor and a cap its a bit tricky to do anything about it.

My problem isn't the buddha circuit output, it's the input to the echo circuit (plucked from a  toy megaphone found at a car boot- wish i could find another one!!). If I give it a high volume output from my pc, say a loud breakbeat, I can just about hear the snare.. Feedback and time knobs still seem to work but it's not much fun with such a low input.

Ah well, least it's got me thinking about doing some bending again...
Pages: 1 [2]