Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: talking peep-o-zoo  (Read 11139 times)

tobythirling

talking peep-o-zoo
« on: October 10, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »

i picked this little thing up from a charity shop for a quid! voices of 5 animals making strange animal sounds after. ive only found one bend but its dubious as it needs constant resetting. anyone bent one of these before?
i was curious if it was easy to find a pitch point or if you need an ocsilloscope, thanks guys! any help is well appreciated cos ive been fiddling all day with not much luck! ive read as much as i can about the processes of circuit bending and i want to find stuff out for myself (im like that!) but not much is happening!
cheers

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: talking peep-o-zoo
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

a moist finger will be enough to find a pitch control if it is resistor based. just dampen your finger and start touching all the resistors you can see on the circuit board whilst the thing is making sounds.... when you find one that causes the animal noises to shift pitch you can cut it out and replace it with a pot, probably a 1meg one but milage might vary depending on the stability of the circuit at higher or lower settings....

is there a chicken noise on there? i need to find a bendable chicken noise at the moment... hmmmm....

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »

is there a chicken noise on there? i need to find a bendable chicken noise at the moment... hmmmm....

I got both a chicken and a duck on the farmyard fun toy just sold on the SHOP - TOYS page of the circuitbenders site. I can sense your jealousy from here  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

tobythirling

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »

excellent! thats awsome cheers! no sorry no chicken. got a bear that sounds like its getting raped though, and thats before id done anything to it! yeah it is resistor based, one big chip. im having trouble actually, i found an awspme glitch but its very intermittent, i do the same thing over and over and it only does it once every so often. any ideas? also wheres the best place to get different pots from? music shops are way too expensive! ive take to robbing out of my own guitars!

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »

...yeah it is resistor based, one big chip. im having trouble actually, i found an awspme glitch but its very intermittent, i do the same thing over and over and it only does it once every so often. any ideas?...

You could try some small value resistors or capacitors between the glitch points.  Sometimes a 200 ohm res is all that it takes to make a glitch that little more stable.

also wheres the best place to get different pots from? music shops are way too expensive! ive take to robbing out of my own guitars!

I tend to use Rapid electronics for all my pots and switches and stuff.

http://www.rapidonline.com

and remember, Bear rape is never a good idea... unless you're Grizzly Adams that is  :D

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:11:50 AM »

In case you didn't get my email, here's a lovely ebay link to something that (i think) has a chicken noise...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VTECH-Electronic-Talk-and-Smile-FARM-as-new-xmas-age-2_W0QQitemZ330040777364QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2518QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem