Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Church  (Read 17995 times)

Abbeamir

Church
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »

Hello
How often do you visit church?
Thanks.  :)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:43:07 PM by Circuitbenders »

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: Church
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:12:35 PM »

if you want to bent a church, i reccoment that you start with the clocktower,
if that doesn't work, you should focus on the priest ,
who knows what you will get out of his mouth  :D
good luck anyway !

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »

be carefull with 220 volts though,
most priests don't like that.
unless you like the noise ofcourse  ;)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:41:58 PM »

Hello
How often do you visit church?
Thanks.

Are you commenting on the satanic nature of our website? if so thankyou, we do try our best.  ;)  Otherwise all talk of a religious nature should be in the banter section where all the meaningless chat  belongs.

It appears that you have 'accidently' placed two pointless hidden links to blogs on 'unfinished furniture' and 'healthy recipes' within your short post, but don't worry because i've removed them so you don't get accused of being a spammer.  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:44 PM »

Are you commenting on the satanic nature of our website? if so thankyou, we do try our best.  ;)  Otherwise all talk of a religious nature should be in the banter section where all the meaningless chat  belongs.

Are circuitbenders affiliated with satan in any way?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »

Not as yet but we are working on a sponsorship deal  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 05:16:44 AM »

I was learning to play bass in a music group in a church a long time ago, and in a practice, the music director told me just for fun to tune my lowest string to low C. He was also the pipe organist in the church and knew a lot about the acoustics of the particular building we were in (an 1800's stone building with a steeple, bell tower, archways etc.), and wanted to explain what harmonic resonance was. Anyway, he told me to play the low C string now. I hit the note just once, and the cathedral filled with this MASSIVE, low, gut shaking rumble and appeared to originate not from my small bass amp, but from all around in 360 degrees, in full "surround sound", in the real meaning of the term. We were rapped!! Now that's what you call church bending!!!

Cheers, Graham

djsynchro

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »

You were playing the devils music that's why!!!!

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:31:42 AM »

Ahh! That would explain why my head spins round and round, and green stuff oozes out of my mouth :D

Cheers, graham

Many_boomers

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »

I regularly attend service at duffy's bar-church of ruined lives and lowered expectations. This month we are honoring St. James Beam, patron saint of domestic violence and patron saint/inventor of bourbon, with a communion consisting of $2 shots $3 mixed drinks, and a solemn Billiards service.

Ulfilas

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »

Welll I'm the Assistant Youth Adviser (part time) for Birmingham Diocese of the Church of England, So I go to Church a lot... it's part of my job!

Even thinking of starting a Circuit Benders fellowship group for young people interested in making new music :)

goldenbaby

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 02:36:49 AM »

I go to church home group every Sunday, if possible.  When I am in another city, I like to check out a church there.

pneaveill

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »

Welll I'm the Assistant Youth Adviser (part time) for Birmingham Diocese of the Church of England, So I go to Church a lot... it's part of my job!

Even thinking of starting a Circuit Benders fellowship group for young people interested in making new music :)

After having spent 20+ years in various associate minister positions, need to confess that I was in church a lot also as it was part of my job.

Gleix

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »

Is anyone familiar with Reed Ghazala's experience playing his first circuit bent instrument in a church? Seems appropriate for the topic and it's a hilarious/saddening little story:

"However, the now-classic point in bending's history, early history, was that of playing in the wrong place at the wrong time. Neither the band nor my instrument would survive the evening unharmed.

To appreciate the circumstance of this engagement, one must recall the era of the American 1960�s. In my (very tiny) corner of the world, society was divided between two �camps.� The most interesting (and certainly most colorful, worldly and musical) camp for my age group was the hippie movement. This meant I�d just enlisted in a tribe whose �colors� were a giant bull�s eye indelibly painted upon one�s back. This painting, attractive to the other nine-tenths of society, was the price of admission.

That other nine-tenths of society was in attendance, and was in fact our audience, when we took the stage one evening. This was a stage where sermons were usually served, the stage of a small Christian church.

Our invitation was the same invitation that went out neighborhood-wide: If you have a band, you�re welcome. Well, we not only had a band, but we also had planet earth�s first circuit-bent instrument.

It turns out we didn�t need the bull�s eye on the back of our jackets that night. My instrument, with tiny spinning speakers and aluminum foil finger pads, was enough all by itself. I knew we were in real trouble when a hymnal hit our keyboardist in the side of the head.

Alas � our line-up didn�t include Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, the theme from Rawhide or any of the other requests shouted from the audience. And what we did know, tunes like Alice�s Restaurant and Light My Fire, were but fuses leading to the powder keg - �Don�t you guys know no music at all? Elvis! Elvis! Elvis!�

But it was when I brought out my first circuit-bent instrument, and sent it squealing into the big Fender and Vox amps, that the audience went into melt-down. First there was silence � the kind of silence that falls over an audience at a magic show, the kind that accompanies disbelief. But heads were now turning to each other, sharing a mounting outrage that hippies could be making this kind of noise in their neighborhood. That they were expected to put-up with such an instrument making such a sound � it didn�t even have strings!

Clearly, we somehow were bashing Elvis, and his fans would not stand for such. Before this last song was over, our �fans� had blocked the doorways, and had become a truly ugly bunch.

Outnumbered ten-to-one, we, as a group, dove into the rowdies blocking the doorway as fists flew and as the speaker axle on my instrument snapped under a punch aimed at my kidneys. Hiding the instrument beneath my jacket did no good � they�d tracked it like a rabbit in the snow.

In a moment we realized it was the instrument they were after. Though I tried my best to protect it, it was smashed beyond the possibility of repair by the time we fought our way to the van parked outside. No, we didn�t play there again.

Illuminasty

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

Going by that story, Hippies are Satanists because of their "demonic machine"!?
I used to be a Christian until I saw that it's just a waste of time! And please, before anyone slates me, I'd like to say that I have MANY valid reasons for my choice  ;)
Lol, shouldn't this be in banter???
Pages: [1] 2