Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: synthrotek passive ring mod kit questions  (Read 7719 times)

broken in brain

• A few of my Tunes
synthrotek passive ring mod kit questions
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:18:32 AM »

so i bought this kit and the rat clone from them. the rat very nice kit, nice pcb all the components were pretty good looking quality and alll...now the ring mod  easy as shit to put together, but cant get a sound out of the damn thing. maybe im missing something. its put together correctly...plus on their website they have pots and 1/4 jacks on it but the kit, no pots(but not on the bom so its expected) but no description on the mod to do them...or even what they did...my moog ring mod got stolen a while back and have needed to get some of it back into my sound/..i know it will be nowhere even close but.... maybe do i add an lfo ? i have a bunch of 556's laying around..

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: synthrotek passive ring mod kit questions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »

Got a link to the circuit?  A ring modulator needs a modulator input (the signal you want to modulate) and a carrier (an oscillator that you modulate it with).  An LFO would give you dalek effects, an audio oscillator would give you clangy bell-like noises.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

broken in brain

• A few of my Tunes
Re: synthrotek passive ring mod kit questions
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:59:41 PM »

Heres all i got. they finally got back to me telling me they have plans to show mods for just what i want on their site.  Not sure what you can make of it from the instructions, but any thoughts would be appreciated. i just want to get it working good and clanging away! id like to be able to go from tremolo to bell tones like i was on my moog, how easy would it be, just switching between to osc's tuned diffrently?thanks you guys have yet to fail me!

colin