Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yamaha electone C-55N MIJ Can I bend my organ ?  (Read 8730 times)

squideatingdough

Yamaha electone C-55N MIJ Can I bend my organ ?
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »

Firstly, thank you for this site it has really opened my eyes and ears to new sonic possibilities (ive always dreamed of making Stockhausen-esq sounds!!!  I have recently acquired free a Japanese Electone C-55N circa 79/80, and as delightful as it sounds (has leslie speakers) it is dreadfully boring (despite having a nice arpeggiator) !! I personally do not have a degree in electronics engineering and this might be one for the pros!! I would like any advice / tips anyone may have. Or to quote the site-
"We will usually be willing to do interesting jobs cheaper than dull ones, so send us something freakishly weird or unfathomably complicated, and you might get a bargain. ;-)"

http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_electone_c-55n.pdf/download.html

this is a link to download the schematics. I would say this comes under "unfathomably complicated" what does anyone else think?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Yamaha electone C-55N MIJ Can I bend my organ ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »

I think both unfathomably complicated and impossibly big! I'd stay well away from that if i were you.

We really wouldn't have time to take on a project of that scale i'm afraid. I'd suggest getting something a bit less 'furniture based'.  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool