Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help with Jack out switch  (Read 5051 times)

tilde

Help with Jack out switch
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »

I am having problems with a jack output I'm installing on a modified Stylophone. I'm using a switch jack so that I can make use of the internal speaker when I'm not plugged in and have wired it using resistors so the output is not too hot ( see tips section of this site). This works fine when I'm plugged into an amp but I'm losing all sound through the internal speaker when unplugged.  Does anyone know of a way around this as I've been scratching my head on this for a while.

I have attached a diagrams of how I currently have it wired.

Thanks for any help.

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: Help with Jack out switch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »

The break contact is on the tip, right?  So if you stick a resistor in series with that of course it will limit the current too much for the speaker to work.

Now, the Stylophone is going to be floating *anyway*, so wire the series resistor between the jack *ring* and the speaker ground, with the other resistor across jack ring and jack tip.  Wire the break connection to the speaker, and the tip connection to the output from the Stylophone.  When I find my scanner (I'm tidying up the workshop) I'll draw a diagram and post it.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

tilde

Re: Help with Jack out switch
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »

Thanks Gordonjcp that did the trick.  :)