Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: e-Mu Orbit 9090 v1+2  (Read 4885 times)

lazydog

• Way to much time on his hands
e-Mu Orbit 9090 v1+2
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »

this is an 'obsolete' e-mu rompler, way surpassed by later iterations
(nicely put, though i say so meself)

what are the good points? 6 outs, of which the subs serve as inserts/return to main outs,
independantly if you wish. compact and solid. simple editing controls, you'll be whizzing
round that dial in no time.
loads(256)of user patches. the strength of this machine is edit+save, move on +1, a huge
abundance of gratuitous filters... you could describe e-mu esi samplers as audio candy.

the orbit(+cousins) are even lazier, you get all the waveforms done for you.
trouble is, you gt really acked off with those original v1 9090 waveforms...you can
diguise them but only for so long.

a job for Gordon!!!  ;D rewriting voice ROM in e-mu 9090(+generics)(proteus is same?)
and/or kit for hot insert waveforms?!!!(hahaha...)
no, but i think it's a candidate. i love my orbit, painted it black; great store for a series
of sub basses with finite differences/responses - and with layers/links!! haha crazy funky
sweeps and pads.

as so circuitbends..
--------------
side-note: as it is, this machine is quite acid, in a percussive way. you switch presets,
and if you've been programming well, a 4 part split might come up, giving somthing
entirely new, it can be quite wigged out.

downsides of this machine - which i seek hereby to address- somenaff sounds. the
fact that you can edit for hours and never quite get thee ultimate -weird it takes
you off in othr directions-

seek to resolve this with mega sound set
ah: other possible downside: 32 khz samplrte. NOT AS bright as 44.1, not as bright
either as '32khz" jv1080/880