Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mix Me DJ - Need Help !  (Read 6590 times)

upcytoyz

Mix Me DJ - Need Help !
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum (couldn't find any presentations topic, sorry if there's one).

I've been into circuit bending for a few hours now, but as I got no electronic knowledge, it's sometimes a little bit difficult to find some good bends on some toys.

I own a "Mix Me DJ" toy and I found some great videos of this machine on the net.
I tried to work on it, but can't find any good bend other than a small pitch, a distortion and a kind of bitcrusher.

I was wondering if any of you here has already bent this toy.
Perhaps someone can help me to get the monster that's inside :D

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.

upcytoyz

Re: Mix Me DJ - Need Help !
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:34:06 PM »

Allright, I just found that page. Not excatly the same circuit, but maybe a good start ;)

http://www.negatron.org/2009/02/20/circuit-bending-a-mix-me-dj/

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Mix Me DJ - Need Help !
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »

All but one of the Mix Me DJs I've seen have that circuit! I found one that has two blobs on that little board where the pitch resistor has been marked. They're rare, but you can pitch the beats separately to the drum pad sounds. Is that the one you have?

The more common one-blob versions are more fun, as there are more distortions in there (poke around the 2822 chip on the main board), but there's nothing too complex with this one. The fun comes from the pitch range - this glitches out when pitched too high - and the distortions which give the already beefy sounds some extra noise.