Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Body Contact issue  (Read 5281 times)

rubytrout

Body Contact issue
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »

Hi all :-*
Im new to circuit bending and just started my first semi successful bend on a Cool Keys music stik (lucky find at a goodwill).
However, I'm having an issue with a body contact. It works beautifully when the sound is running through the speaker, but whenever I run the toy through a 1/4 jack to amp (wired to speaker terminals) the sound cuts out any time I touch the body contact. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**also, if any one can suggest a cool bend to add to the Cool Keys, I'd be glad to hear it. i'm basically just following the project in reed ghazalas book which includes 2 sustain switches, pitch bend pot, and the aforementioned body contact that alters pitch

Cheers!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Body Contact issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:26:16 AM »

This is most likely a grounding problem of some sort, although what that might be is anyones guess.
What do you have the sleeve/ground connection of the jack socket wired to?

What is the body contact meant to be doing? If its controlling the pitch it might just be that every time you touch it you're taking the thing out of the pitch range that it can run at. Putting some resistance in line with the body contact connection might help.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

rubytrout

Re: Body Contact issue
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:46:50 PM »

I ended up wiring the body contact to one of the free outside lugs on the pitch pot that ran from the same point on the circuit board and it works now...so i guess that would be a grounding issue of sorts. Either way, it sounds great. if you ever come across a cool keys snatch it up!