Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Will this LTC1799 PCB module work?  (Read 5743 times)

inactive

Will this LTC1799 PCB module work?
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if this LTC1799 PCB module would work with what I intend to do with it (pitch mod).
It is a "Electronics-Salon 1KHz to 33MHz Adjustable Oscillator Module, LTC1799", with Amazon link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015657KW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .
I assume this might work, but I just want to make sure since this is my first time trying anything with pitch modding.

If anyone wants more detail on what I intend to do with it, I plan on adding a pitch mod to a Radica Tetris Plug and Play from 2004 (which I have already experimented with by putting in a lower clock crystal to see what happens). One concern is that the PCB module says it has a voltage from 2.7 to 5.5v, and the Plug and Play takes 4 AA batteries (around 6 volts?), would this kit still work with it?

Pictures of the PCB module:

Real sorry if I sound like a complete idiot about this, but this is the first time I'm trying something with an LTC1799.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Will this LTC1799 PCB module work?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:40:10 AM »

That should work, but bear in mind how big it is. If the space is really tight it might not fit, and you'll have to take off the 'main adj' trimmer and replace it with a pot.

I'd recommend these instead, but then i'm biased.  ;)
https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/LTC/LTCPCB.html

It probably won't like 6v, assuming the 4 batteries are actually outputting anywhere near 6v. You can stick a diode in line with the positive power supply, and it'll drop the voltage by 0.6-0.7 or so volts.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

inactive

Re: Will this LTC1799 PCB module work?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 02:54:01 AM »

Sorry for the almost year response, but I did end up getting the module (it's actually pretty small), and instead I threw it in my Kawai X30 keyboard. It worked just as I wanted to, perfectly fine with 5 volts. It helps the X30 has a 5 volt regulator right on it in plain sight.