Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Selling and EMC  (Read 4742 times)

Foldback

Selling and EMC
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »

Hello Circuit Bending folk.
I am new to this forum and new to circuit bending, however, not new to electronics or noise!
I hope to get to know people on here and understand the world of circuit bending to create my own noise machines for my own use but also to sell.

My question is both general and specific! and thats CE relating to selling in the EU (I know this will probably change).
I have trawled the web and asked questions to people about this, but I cant find any answers.
How does one sell a modified electronics product to comply with EMC? what BS standards should the circuit bent product conform to?
I am aware that the vagaries of EMC are not simple, however, I want to be sure that when i create something to sell, I can be sure that the modifications do not create health and safety implications to, for instance, people with pace makers.
I have had a look on etsy, and all I can find is CE information posted by people making knitted and crocheted items.
As most circuit bending is based around battery operated products, the low voltage directive should not be a problem.

Please can anyone help? I just want to do the right thing.
Thanks

Foldback