Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yamaha PSS-9 beginner bender  (Read 4377 times)

BiffyNick

Yamaha PSS-9 beginner bender
« on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »

Hey all,

I知 brand new to circuit bending. Complete beginner but very keen to learn and I知 fascinated by circuit bending. I completed my first bend the other day - just some little kids toy. Anyway I just picked up a Yamaha PSS-9 from a charity shop for a fiver which was an absolute steal. I want to bend it but I would greatly appreciate some tips as I知 an absolute novice and I don稚 want to break what is a fantastic little leyoboard (seriously even the unbent version is so much fun). I know that it is mains powered but I believe it can run on battery. I know you have to be very careful with bending anything mains powered and I don稚 want to touch it until I know exactly what I知 doing. So does anyone have any tips on how to get started bending it? I知 gonna have a look at a few YouTube videos etc while i wait.

Thanks guys!

Happy bending

daneelolivaw

Re: Yamaha PSS-9 beginner bender
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »

Hi!
Can't remember if I ever bent one of these, but usually with the yamaha PSS you can find some nice and nasty distortion and feedback. If you can put your hands on FM synth by Yamaha of the PSS series, that will give you loads of fun!

Try to avoid messing up with the part of the circuit close to the power supply unless you know what you're doing, and then you should be able to go safe without frying your keyboard.

Good luck and have fun!