Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What do you do to replace broken solder pads?  (Read 4363 times)

WeirdoSheep

What do you do to replace broken solder pads?
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:07:25 AM »

I've been registered on this forum for probably over a year, and just in the past few months, I've started bending and experimenting with my toys again (wild guess what brought this on, lol). Anyway, one of the most promising keyboards I had has now lost several solder pads to my incompetence as a solderer.

I've read in one place online that you can buy silver epoxy (though a bit pricey) to effectively replace the pads, but given the possibility that I could spend $50+ on it and then screw up while applying it to the board, I'm open to other advice. Normally I just scrape away at the trace and see if I can get the solder to stick, but the number and placement of the missing traces would make that impractical.

Anyway, first post ;D Glad to be back in the business of making noise.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: What do you do to replace broken solder pads?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »

Replacing a solder pad that you could actually solder to wouldn't be cheap or easy.
Have you considered just tracing the track back to another solder point and taking a wire from there to whatever component pin that has lost its pad.

Its a bit difficult to advise with a better idea of exactly what you mean. Do you have a photo?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool