Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LTC1799 and Alesis HR16  (Read 5194 times)

elkcloner

LTC1799 and Alesis HR16
« on: March 30, 2021, 06:58:43 PM »

I'm having difficulty taming this combo.  I've cut the trace on the board (and pinned it out).  I'm getting 5V from the rectifier to the LTC and hooking the LTC up as described on the site and as I have in the past for other machines (like my Yamaha RX-5, which works a treat).

But this thing just won't cooperate.  I've tried all kinds of different pots and values, shorting B/C, etc.  Everything is super low pitch and it varies as time goes buy, and by a lot.  It's almost the same kinda behavior you get when a capacitor is charging up.  I'll get a low pitched sound, and then over a little bit of time it becomes unresponsive.  The only time I get something sorta resembling normal sounds is with NO resistance attached to the pot inputs and A/B/C not shorted at all.  It's just a little lower pitched than normal in this case, but it also fluctuates (although I'd kinda expect this, as maybe the pot inputs are floating, or is the trimmer in series?).

I've also tried 2 different LTCs and the exact same behavior, so it's most likely something I'm doing wrong, and probably pretty simple that I'm overlooking.

Anyone else using these in an HR16?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  This thing is almost done, I have all 3 chips broken out to sockets, a 4066 for CV control of the bends, a vactrol, all kinds of goodies.  But the part I thought would be easiest is proving difficult.    :'(

Here's a pic (I get an error w/ attachments, something about can't find attachment path)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcpxel267nwuaof/IMG_2417.jpg?dl=0

elkcloner

Re: LTC1799 and Alesis HR16
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 07:23:47 PM »

Replying to my own post.  Bad crimp job on a cable was giving not so great (tm) power to the LTC.

Working like a champ now.  I'll post some info about my project once it is done.  The 4066 chip w/ the ROM bends is pure awesome when using with a modular synth.