Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Circiutbenders Evening  (Read 10179 times)

Bleeps

Circiutbenders Evening
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:50:09 AM »

Just trying to get a feeling for how many peeps would be interested in helping to contribute (or even turn up to) a Circuit benders evening in Brighton sometime later this year.  I just want to gauge responses at the mo'. I'm not a promoter but know a few people in town to get the wheels started (hopefully).

So come on - let's have your thoughts on this.  Has anyone been to anything similar in the UK?  Should it be a workshop afternoon/gig evening type format, or just a gig?  Certainly not promising owt but this is music that should be heard!

Cheers
Si

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
Re: Circiutbenders Evening
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »

It's a possibility, only live down the coast.

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »

I live in Brighton too and it would be fun to contribute to something like this.  Personally I would prefere people playing music rather than a workshop, although that kind of rules me out as I don't have a laptop and my live playing leaves a lot to be desired ;)

I have heard of others doing workshops but often it has been aimed at children/teenagers and has been funded by arts/government funding, rather charging people to come along (I think).

Whatever it would be cool to do something like this and I would be happy to contribute however I could.

Bleeps

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »

OK, chaps, cheers for the replies and thoughts.  Any more takers?  What if this was in London?

creature

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »

I live in Derby, but if it was a decent enough event, I would be interested, been really getting into my circuit bending recently.

Got some photos of some of my bends here

http://thehauntedhouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Circuit%20Bending%20Audio%20Recording

Steve
www.hauntedhouserecords.co.uk