Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Triple SK-1 joy  (Read 10338 times)

mrsteve81

Triple SK-1 joy
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:58:27 AM »

Won an sk-1 off of ebay (£23 in case you were wondering)
Took it back home to Essex so I could spray paint it in my mum's garden as I live in a flat, and found out I used to have 1 as a child. The drink and drugs have eroded my memory! It was in its original box in the loft.
A non circuit bending friend came round to see me while I was there and said he had 1 at his house that I could have for the princely sum of 2 pints.
So I am now the proud owner of 3 sk-1's. I'm sure you can tell I'm quite chuffed.
Anyone else had brilliant fortune like this?

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: Triple SK-1 joy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »

maybe you can interconnect their soundchips, don't know if it is done before, but i guess it will be fun

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »

i have a couple of pss270 and a pss140 (more or less the same) btw

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »

I bought a pss-100 from a carboot sale which had a VL-tone stuffed in the box as well.  I always wanted a VL-tone but could never bring myself to pay the silly money they go for on eBay.  When I powered it up and tried it out I was so glad I had never paid for one, however the calculator has come in handy on a number of occasions and it's just the right size for a completely cluttered desk where a small one might have been lost underneath bits of paper and normal size calculators.

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »

My parents donated me a yamaha psr 240 they had lying around, not sure if it's bendable but i'm just going to stick a walkman distortion ubnit and voice changer thingy in teh signal path after teh audio out...should be insane enough then.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »

On a whole different scale of good fortune, i bought a Korg SDD-2000 delay rack for £5 the other day as it wasn't powering up properly. I sent an email to Korg asking if there was any possibility i could get the schematic and massive respect to them, within half an hour they had replied with a copy of the manual, the service manual and a hand written load of tips on what to look out for from one of the original design team! Now thats what i call customer service!

Replaced a voltage regular, resoldered and reseated a couple of connectors and now i have a fully working £200 odd delay rack for a total of about £6!
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

mq4

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »

Wow, good one! Over here it's almost impossible to get your hands on a SK-1 :/