Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: tr-505 busted help!  (Read 11411 times)

binarybloke

tr-505 busted help!
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »

I'm a n00b to bending and just got hold of a TR-505 that works fine using a psu but wont power up from batteries.
Does anyone have any suggestions or pics of the boards so i can try a comparison?

binarybloke

Re: tr-505 busted help!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »

ok, can anyone tell me if bending while using a 9v psu with the 505 is a bad idea?

only i spotted this post on a similar issue:
http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,251.msg1270.html#msg1270

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »

I don't have a 505 open at the moment to take a look at the layout but if i have time later i'll open one up. If i recall correctly the battery compartment has three wires that attacch to the mainboard with a block connector. You might want to check that everything is actually connected with a multimeter or something.

Personally i can't see anything wrong with bending a machine that runs off 9v unless, as it says on that post, there are some massive capacitors in there. Which there aren't. 
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

binarybloke

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »

Yeah i was thinking i need to buy a multimeter. The wiring must be incorrect cos i part-melted the battery compartment when trying to use battery power. I'm now working off the psu just so i can start messing around wth the bends.

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 07:13:59 PM »

Bothe the 505's i've owned had corroded battery terminals, take teh bitch apart and clean the contacts with some contact fluid or something.

Many_boomers

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »

Yeah, or a pencil eraser. Seriously I was just looking at this thread for a similar problem, and messing around with dif'rent ideas, and a #2 pencil eraser took it right of.

Oh God I really don't want to fry this thing. But... Must.... Make... Noise.......

Over my head.