Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: question  (Read 8927 times)

rjl

question
« on: March 21, 2006, 02:47:14 AM »

Hi,

I'm just starting out, playing around with a cheap, dinky little keyboard (I wanted something to play around with before I go and ruin a "Speak and..."). Anyhow, I managed to get a nice sustain/"hold note" effect out of it, which sounds great when I touch a certain resister while holding a note. The only problem is that the note only holds for a few seconds, maybe 10 at the most. Is there some part I can add to increase the amount of time that a note/signal is played (ideally indefnitely...)?

I'm going to keep toying with it, obviously, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight when it comes to stretching out sounds.

Thanks!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »

From your description i suspect i recognise that chipset (which is rather sad when you think about it ;) ) and it appears to be the same one thats used on a vast number of different cheap keyboards and keytars etc. There should be a certain resistor that sets the decay of the tone but as you say, even with it set to maximum decay the note cuts off after a certain time. There doesn't seem to be a lot you can do about this unless someone has a cunning method or retriggering the note?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool