Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tr606 - not working!  (Read 9875 times)

oldmasterjds

Tr606 - not working!
« on: November 28, 2007, 02:52:14 PM »

Hi
I've got a modded tr606 with separate outs which used to work fine! Since I've left it in the cupboard it's decided to stop working and won't power on. Can anybody advise me (with no electronics training) of any basic checks i can do before i have to pass on to a professional for repair?
Cheers
John

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Tr606 - not working!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:25:01 PM »

Blow into it and try again.

Maybe check you haven't dislodged any cables or whatever, though I'm not familiar with that model.
Try checking everything with a multimeter.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:18:45 PM »

Did you leave batteries in it? If so have they leaked everywhere?

Kick52 might be right there, clean everything out as well as you can including taking it apart and reassembling it. Check that the battery connections to the board are are still in place. If you are running it from a adapter try bypassing the power plug and connecting the power supply to the board with crocodile clips or something to see if the socket is dead.

One thing you should look out for on 303's and 606's after they have been left around for a while is tiny cracks in the board causing gaps in solder tracks or broken joints. The circuitboards on the 303 and 606 are just cheap rubbish and often shrink over time causing these problems. Its usually easy to fix but finding the problem in the first place can be difficult.

Theres any number of problems that develop with 606's as realistically they were never built to last. If you can't see anything obvious then i wouldn't try messing with it if you don't know what you are doing.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

george lazenbleep

• haha-fresh
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »

i'll take it off you for a fiver
;#

Cumulus

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 03:34:19 AM »

This may be a bit pre-school but it actually got me the first time I took my 606 out to a gig.

I had several patterns set up and when I plugged it all in for the sound check the thing wouldn't make a sound!

Just when I had decided to scrap half my set I remembered that little SYNC input/output switch on the back and put it in the right position.

If it is set to input nothing will happen because the box is waiting for a TB606 or some other box to tell iit when to sound off.