Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: playskoole kids  (Read 8418 times)

Flipcut

playskoole kids
« on: December 02, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

:o hello there

iam a newbe and i got a question about the playskool kids piano

i like to know how to install a permanent pitchknob on the  big silverknob on the board  when i press my finger on it  becomes pitched with more pressure it slowes down is there a schematic plan on the web   or better how to install a pitch or voltage wheel ? let me know
ps. sorry foe my bad english 

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: playskoole kids
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

Your English is a lot better than my french ;)

In theory you should be able to remove that trimmer pot you have labelled and just replace it with a full sized potentionmeter to give a pitch control. You will have to experiment with the value of the new pot but around 470K would be a good starting point. You may have to go a bit lower or possibly higher to get the best range.

The new pot should be wired just like the old trimmer. The bottom two points of where trimmer has been removed should be wired to the left and right pins of the new pot and the top point should be wired to the middle pin.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: playskoole kids
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »

Your English is a lot better than my french ;)

In theory you should be able to remove that trimmer pot you have labelled and just replace it with a full sized potentionmeter to give a pitch control. You will have to experiment with the value of the new pot but around 470K would be a good starting point. You may have to go a bit lower or possibly higher to get the best range.

The new pot should be wired just like the old trimmer. The bottom two points of where trimmer has been removed should be wired to the left and right pins of the new pot and the top point should be wired to the middle pin.

Sorry this is a bit off-topic, though a 470K pot?
I have a 47K pot and it only powers up a 4 AA battery toy as a power pot until it is about a 10th away from no resistance.
Maybe I'd understand more if I wasn't completely clueless about electronics.