Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bentfest?  (Read 7680 times)

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
Bentfest?
« on: December 27, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »

Anyone out there know anything about this year's Bentfest?  I went to the NY one last April and it was pretty much the highlight of my year.
Seems like it was around this time last year that they started calling for submissions.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
Re: Bentfest?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »

Man!  The New York Bent Festival was off the charts.

So many super talented benders there.  The highlight for me was the last set of the first night by Phil Stearns (Pixel-Form).  He had these gorgeous giant breadboards with a ton of body contacts wired up to a bank of small flood lights and electrical probes taped to his arms.  Whenever he connected two points on the breadboard a horrific burst of noise and light filled the room and he received some pretty severe looking shocks through the probes on his arms.  It's hard to describe how or why this was such a compelling performance, but I couldn't look away.  He had some terrifyingly large capacitors on board, and I intellectually knew that he must have had a zillion precautionary steps built in, but I found myself actively worrying about his safety. 

Burnkit2600 also blew the doors off the joint, as did Casper Electronics and especially ErasEr, the guy behind www.circuitbend.it, who is super talented and a lovely enthusiastic guy.