Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LO ALL  (Read 8400 times)

AMAC

LO ALL
« on: December 31, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »

LO ALL
« on: Today at 05:23:45 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello to everyone

My name is Ben i am a musician living in Southampton. I am a drummer primarily but "dabble" in other instruments just for the crack. I have played live with a couple of circuit benders before and i thought it would be a good idea to have a go myself. i have just opened up a cheap old set of children's electric bongo things and already have found a couple of nice bends both of them controlling the tempo and pitch of the beats.  i have installed a voltage crash in bettween the battery and CB and was wanting to find a bend that had a delay effect. BUT can i find it, can i bollocks.

i know this is well vague and obviously without seeing it you cant say for sure but do you know where a bend like that would stem from (from a chip or from components ,resistors and so forth) and as well does anyone know a good place to get components other than maplins they charge a bomb !!!!!

as well as all that something else if anyone has any plans for a bending console, a housing  containing selectable (via multi-position rotary switches) components to run the circuit-bending paths through -- various resistors, capacitors, potentiometers, sensors, LEDs, etc.). that would be great like i said i wouldnt even know where to start and i think it would get my soldering up to standard. LOL

sorry for being really really newbie but  I AM !!!!

cheers

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: LO ALL
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »

I am a drummer primarily but "dabble" in other instruments just for the crack.

You get paid in drugs to play instruments?

:o

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: LO ALL
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »

You get paid in drugs to play instruments?

I thought that was the whole point of playing instruments  ;D

s wanting to find a bend that had a delay effect. BUT can i find it, can i bollocks.

The only way you're going to get a delay effect is by using a delay effect, assuming you're talking about echo rather than something else. Either that or some horribly complex retriggering circuit that just wouldn't be worth the effort at all.

With regards to components,  theres a thread with a lot of links to online component sellers in the links section.

A bending console is a pretty easy thing to come up with just with a bit of logical thinking. Most components you'd want to run the signal through could just be wired to two 4mm sockets on either side. You could then just plug in a couple of test probes to each component and you're away.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool