Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FORUM RULES -PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 20848 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
FORUM RULES -PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »

For the first time, thanks to certain now ex forum members, we are now going to have some rules around here. Up until now it hasn't been necessary but to avoid any childish squabbles:

* Abusive and obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated. in the interests of fairness this includes telling someone who is blatantly an asshole that they are a asshole. Thats Admins job  ;)

* Links to ebay auctions, ebay shops or other places where you have circuitbent machines for sale are not allowed and will be removed. Links to unbent machines people might be interested in buying are fine.

* Forum Members that post details of their bent machines but persistantly refuse to supply any information on how their mods were performed when asked, will be warned and then banned. This forum is for the exchange of information and tips not gratuitous self promotion. The definition of 'persistantly' is up to Admin.

* If it becomes clear that any member is persistantly leeching information from this forum with the sole purpose of  selling circuitbent machines built from that information they will be warned and then banned.

* Editing or deleting your old posts in order to prove a point or make another forum member look foolish will not be tolerated

* Feel free to swear like a man with his testicles shut in an elevator door, but rascist, sexist or other inappropriate language in posts OR private messages will not be tolerated.

*Private Messages are exactly that, PRIVATE. If someone has sent you inappropriate PM's use the 'report to moderator' link on the message itself. Don't post details of PM's on the forum.

* The decision of the judges is final, no further correspondance will be entered into  ;)

* None of these rules will apply to Admin who can and will flaunt their authority with a breathtaking unfairness

(ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES)

* Don't post your email address in any thread in any form that a spam-bot could scan, unless you want to be buried under a mountain of spam that is. This isn't a rule, its more advice in general. If you have to post your email use -AT- instead of @, or similar.

*We all appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere but continually starting 'i've got this machine, can anyone tell me how to bend it' type threads will eventually get your threads deleted. My advice is, read some threads about vaguely similar machines, do some research and HAVE A GO. If you get stuck THEN start a thread and ask for help with details of what you've done. I can guarantee that people will be more likely to help you if you've already made an effort  ;)

If anyone has any comments or thinks any rules should be added or removed feel free to reply. Any ideas gratefully accepted.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:38:37 AM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
Re: FORUM RULES -PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »

I particularly like the last rule Paul.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »

I particularly like the last rule Paul.

It pays to be absolutely clear about these things  :D

arron

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »

If anyone has any comments or thinks any rules should be added or removed feel free to reply. Any ideas gratefully accepted.

When two members disagree over a public post and then decide to take it outside and abuse each other via private messages, then it should be a rule that those private messages should not be made public by posting in a new thread. Perhaps even a ban.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »

You raise a valid point and the rules have been adjusted to reflect that, but sending people psychotically abusive PM's will also get you banned if and when they are reported to admin, as you've just discovered.

Omuhellajikken

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »

I have an interest in changing the default velocity on my Casio ct 670
When I sequence from my pyramid the value is set to 64 when I use this keyboard.
Is there a way to change it to a larger value like 100

I've googled around and nowhere has the question been raised or addressed
You all are my last hope. :)
I definitely enjoy poptarts