Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NanoLoop  (Read 25998 times)

GrooveCriminals

NanoLoop
« on: April 19, 2006, 10:59:52 AM »

In my quest for 'interesting' sounds   ;) I've just ordered a Nanoloop cart (the older 1.3 version) to do some sequencing and general bleepy stuff on my old gameboys (original grey and an advance).

Anyone any experience (good or bad) with Nanoloop?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: NanoLoop
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »

Are these things worth getting hold of? I've heard talk of bending them but i'm not exactly sure what a nanoloop actually is.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

james.athesberg

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 04:16:24 PM »

a nanoloop was a cartridge for gameboy (nanoloop v1.2 and 1.3) and gameboy advance (nanoloop v2)

it gave a really really simple software frontend if u like to the gameboy sound chip

on the old gameboy there is a 4bit chip an the advance is an 8bit

as far as bending i dont know what u could do as its software controllin the gb unless u could bend the gambeboy its self

the nanoloop sound is actually pretty interesting an ive heard some stuff which sounds great if ur into that digital feel. check out www.nanoloop.com

there are loads of sites supporting it though if u do a google search

sn7ke

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

Yeah i had searious intensions of buying 2.0 after trying the demo. Its pretty easy to use, but it takes much time to craft a song. It will give you all familiar gameboy Sounds, so thats cool.
If you love that and willing to spend 70 Euro's  (even more for shipping) than its a good buy!

catweazle

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • 8Bit are enough
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:54:52 PM »

I've bought the Nanoloop1.3 for the Gameboy a while a go... I do some chiptunes while I'm on my bustravel to work.
Kinda funny, "mobile-generation"-kids starrin at u (haha a gameboy, how outdated, do you play tetris?)
Bleepy funky beats in a minute - thats pretty cool
But the  "LSDJ (little sound dj" is more flexible and more used by chiptune musicians because its Trackerbased (like FastTracker, ModPlug etc)  and it uses samples (4bit) but you can't by the cartridge on the net, only the software(ROM) is available for about 70€ 
and you need an extra Flashcard (+ ~50€) ... thats expensive ...   http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/     

The cool thing is both (LSDJ and Nanoloop1.3) work on the GameboyAdvance.

great Gameboy artists are   BubblyFish, Lo-Bat, 8cylinder, BitShifter, NullSleep, M-.-n  ....

check out
http://www.8bitpeoples.com/

iqoruvuc

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »

what does trackerbased mean?  I have heard it come up several times but I don't what it is? :-\

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »

what does trackerbased mean?  I have heard it come up several times but I don't what it is? :-\

Obviously a man not old enough to remember the sheer ghastly horror of Octamed on the Amiga. I look back with fondness to those crazy days programming in hexadecimal  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

catweazle

• 8Bit are enough
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »

little minimalistic "ambient" jamsession with FraktalSynth + Nanoloop1.3
http://etecnic.fh-pforzheim.de/~catweazle/F-Synth/PICsynth-Nanoloop-4Pole-Delay.mp3
enjoy - or not  ;D

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

Bought the nanoloop 2.2 for teh gameboy advance...just waiting for it to arrive now.

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

I've bought the Nanoloop1.3 for the Gameboy a while a go... I do some chiptunes while I'm on my bustravel to work.
Kinda funny, "mobile-generation"-kids starrin at u (haha a gameboy, how outdated, do you play tetris?)

(haha I do this as well, great way to pass time and get your creation on, after all the gameboy was built to be portable!)

great Gameboy artists are   BubblyFish, Lo-Bat, 8cylinder, BitShifter, NullSleep, M-.-n  ....

definitely check out bubblyfish she uses Nanoloop - there's a wicked vid on her myspace by Raquel Mayers:

www.myspace.com/bubblyfishmusic 
yum, plastic sinewaves

ZedAxis

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »

Yeah, Bubblyfish is by far my favourite chip-tune music. She is a classicly trained musician I believe & her tracks have a great structure & frequency range to them.

I got that blip fest 06 DvD - but there was only about 4mins of her set on there!!

Any progress on the bending gathering?? I'll ask around some people I know who might want to get involved & post back on the other thread.

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »

LSDJ is another sequencer for the gameboy which allows you to sequence four tracks (2 square waves, 1 sample or voice and one digital white noise) and you can sequence whole songs. I think nanoloops only does loops ov 1 bar or maybe two ? i havent used it much i found lsdj much better for sounds. adding a good line level audio output to a gameboy can be found here http://magicmess.co.uk/bent/lsdj.htm

you can get a midi sequencer for nanoloop and LSDJ here
http://8bitcollective.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5450

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:51:11 PM by matt the modulator »
8Bit Brain Analog Heart